“ADMISSION PAR L’ETAT” (recognition of foreign engineering degrees in France)
In the case of an “Admission par l’Etat” application (foreign master’s level engineering degrees), the reference framework is “R&O” with some flexibility to take into account the different national contexts.
These adjustments may concern:
- Specific recruitment/graduation rules depending on the country’s legislation
- No compulsory length of internships, but significant professional experience for all graduates
- International mobility recommended, but no specific duration
- B2 level required in English without compulsory certification and B2 recommended in French as a foreign language,
- ECTS credits not compulsory outside the European Higher Education Area
- Course duration adapted to the local context
- Titles of engineering degrees not compulsory
The process for an “Admission par l’Etat” is often combined with an application for the EUR-ACE® label. In this case, both frameworks are taken into account in a single evaluation procedure.
THE EUR-ACE® LABEL
In the case of an application regarding only the EUR-ACE® label, only the Eur-Ace Framework Standards and Guidelines (EAFSG) apply.
The CTI is currently authorized by the association ENAEE to award the EUR-ACE® label only at master’s level.
THE CERTIFIED DATA BY FOREIGN HEIs
Unlike French engineering schools, foreign Higher Education Institutions do not have to complete the online certified data form every year.
An adapted certified data form must be completed by foreign HEIs and submitted with their application only in the case of:
- a request for admissibility for a first application
- a scheduled evaluation procedure.