« ADMISSION PAR L’ETAT »
CTI’s missions include the evaluation of engineering programmes abroad.
Consult our refences and guidelines: Accreditation Criteria, Guidelines and Procedures
You will find all information and the procedure’s description in the following document « Procedure for Admission par l’Etat» which presents the Crossborder accreditation procedure leading to the recognition of foreign engineering degrees in France.
Two Admissibility Committee’s meetings are organized each year.
2021 application deadlines : May 17th & November 12th
Download Admissibility application file
It gives you access to :
- Procedure for “Admission par l’Etat”
- Accreditation Criteria, Guidelines and Procedures
- EUR-ACE® Framework Standards and Guidelines (EASFG)
- Admissibility application :
- a Word document called “Admissibility application” (Pré-dossier recevabilité)
- an EXCEL table of figures on the HEI and for each of the relevant degree programmes, called “certified data by the HEI management”, available in French and English
- Information on fees for evaluation & accreditation procedures abroad
CTI works in various countries in Europe and around the world, including Belgium, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Switzerland, Tunisia and Vietnam.
These evaluation activities can take two forms:
- accreditation procedure in view of recognition of the degree in France (admission par l’Etat), which gives graduates from the relevant degree programmes the title of graduate & professional engineer “ingénieur diplômé” in France,
- evaluation procedure with the aim to award the EUR-ACE® Master’s Label. This can be done separately or coincide with the accreditation procedure for national recognition
If you plan to apply for both procedures, please download the Admissibility application file on this page (Procedure for “Admission par l’Etat”) that will provide information on both procedures and tick the related boxes in the Admissibility application form.
Each year thousands of graduates from foreign Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are awarded a degree that is recognized in France. The recognition of the degree in France (“admission par l’Etat”) gives graduates from the relevant degree programmes the title of graduate & professional engineer « ingénieur diplômé » in France.
CTI receives new applications from francophone institutions or HEIs with strong links to French engineering schools every year.
For a national recognition application, a diplomatic process needs to be initiated between the two countries. For a EUR-ACE® Label application alone, CTI informs the local agency and/or authorities.
Where possible, these procedures are carried out in collaboration with local quality assurance agencies or under mutual recognition agreements.
For joint work with a local agency, CTI and the agency may be led to develop shared standards for the evaluation of the relevant degree programmes.
Foreign Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) submitting an application must use the standards & guidelines of CTI for the recognition of the degree in France and of ENAEE for the EUR-ACE® Label.